Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grounded by Volcanic Ash (Leah)

Well we are still in Canada. As many of you may know volcanic ash from Iceland surrounds the skies of Europe (we fly through London) and our flight was cancelled. We have been re-scheduled and fly out Monday April 26th. I was initially disappointed about the cancellation, however the past few days I have had time to myself, family and friends. On Sunday I was able to play a game of tennis with a friend afterward went with my husband and some friends for a bike ride to a park and chilled out. I cannot remember the last time I was able to do this without planned responsibility of some sort in my mind related to work or school. It was certainly nice to enjoy time and be in the moment. I keep hearing Ugandan time is much more relaxed than our fast paced society. I am looking forward to integrating Ugandan time into my daily life. Until then I will try this practice the best I can here at home. The new countdown is on, stay tuned!!!

In Friendship
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the postponement hope you are off safely now, look forward to hearing more about the trip on the blog! Will try and get an article up on my site about it. Sorry the blogger account is not my real blog or site, safe journey!

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your new flights and everything work out great!!! Sorry you lost some time in Uganda but lets just know and believe that the rest of your time will be awesome!!! Look forward to reading all of your posts after you get settled!! Sending blessings to you all!!! GO TEAM!!!! ps..if you are canucks fans, I will keep you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been nearly two days since you all flew out of Vancouver. Just so you know, many of us are thinking of you and anxiously awaiting news of your arrival in Uganda. I'm looking forward to hearing of first impressions and the minutiae of Ugandan life. Lots of good thoughts are being directed your way.

    ReplyDelete